AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

match type for keyword, not match type for search term

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the search term report the match type seems to relate to the search term as entered by the searcher and does not relate to the keyword. How can I see the match type that is assigned to the keywords in a report format? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: match type for keyword, not match type for search term

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kerrie,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

If you want to know which keywords matched (in which match type) the search terms and triggered the ads, then simply go to the Search term report, and then add Keyword Column.

To enable the "Keyword" column, click the Columns drop-down menu and choose "Customize columns." In the "Select metrics" section, click Attributes. Then, click the Add link next to "Keyword" and click Apply.

The "Keyword" column tells you which one of your keywords matched someone’s search term and triggered your ad. This information can help you see your keywords “in action” by showing you how they are matching to actual searches.

I would recommend you to just read this link once and you would have all your queries cleared. I Bet !!

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I got confused between the keyword report and the search terms report. Just wondering can I add a date field to the downloadable search terms report. I know that I can filter the report by date at the top, but would love to have date data downloadable so that I can use this info in my pivot table - i.e. see if there is a seasonal trend to my search data.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kerrie,

You can select the date range and then download the search term report and the report would include the data for the date range.

However, when you are downloading the Search Term Report, I would recommend you to add a Segment as Time -> Day, so you find a new column with the dates for the date selected before downloading the report. (which will help you understand better).

Hope this Helps.
-,Prashanth Reniguntala.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, that's great. I didn't understand the segments aspect of the report. That makes things a lot clearer.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You are welcome !! Glad I could Help you with the answer !!
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Nicely done @Prashanth Joel !!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"