AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

linking adwords account to search console

N/A
# 1
N/A
I am looking to link my adwords account to my search console account.  Do you know if doing this would have an effect on either of the accounts?  Would it change any data so that it could no longer be comparable to historical data we have?

Could this impact the performance of either our organic or paid Google activity in any way?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
January 2016

Re: linking adwords account to search console

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
No, according to Google (source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3097241?hl=en&authuser=0), linking these two does not impact the rankings/activity of either, other than giving you more information to make more informed optimization decisions. I'm not sure if I understand your second question, but it shouldn't have any effect on historical data. The data for the organic/paid reports based upon this linking is available in your Dimensions tab. As far as the data included in that report, Google states: "Your organic data is only reported back to the date you started importing it from webmaster tools, so you won't see historical organic data before you established that link."

Re: linking adwords account to search console

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to @PPCKirk's reply: paid and organic are two separate systems. The one  does not affect the other, and vice versa.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’