AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

link adwords analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have several adwords accounts and just one analytics account (same websitem different subdirectories). I have created different views in analytics and linked them to its adwords account (each subdirectory has its own adwords account). I have linked them in analytics, in Adwords linking (in property) and in adwords, in settings.

But neither Adwords data (campaigns, adgroups etc.) appears on analytics view, nor conversions track (setting up in analytics) is working in adwords. I can't find a reason why? Am I missing any other linking step?

Many thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

Re: link adwords analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Veronica,

To Link Analytics and Adwords account both account needs to be on same email address. Otherwise you will not be able to link them. Maybe this is the reason your auto tagging is not working.

The different views that you have created in Analytics for subdirectories. You have to give access every single view access on the email address your adwords account is associated with and then try auto-linking them.

For example;

Subdomain 1 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 1 Analytics view access on Subdomain 1 Email address

Subdomain 2 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 2 Analytics view access on Subdomain 2 Email address

Subdomain 3 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 3 Analytics view access on Subdomain 3 Email address

Note: You need Edit permission for the Analytics property and Administrative access for the AdWords account(s).

Try this method and if this work then let me know,

Thanks,
Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Veronica,

To Link Analytics and Adwords account both account needs to be on same email address. Otherwise you will not be able to link them. Maybe this is the reason your auto tagging is not working.

The different views that you have created in Analytics for subdirectories. You have to give access every single view access on the email address your adwords account is associated with and then try auto-linking them.

For example;

Subdomain 1 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 1 Analytics view access on Subdomain 1 Email address

Subdomain 2 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 2 Analytics view access on Subdomain 2 Email address

Subdomain 3 Adwords account >>> Subdomain 3 Analytics view access on Subdomain 3 Email address

Note: You need Edit permission for the Analytics property and Administrative access for the AdWords account(s).

Try this method and if this work then let me know,

Thanks,
Nouman

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi veronica ,
First of all, you can use Only one Adwords account for all your sub directories instead of using several adwords accounts. You can create different campaigns for different sub directories. To work conversion tracking for your campaigns you have to setup the Goals first and then Go to Conversion tracking in Adwords and then create Code and then add that code to your source page to which you want to track conversions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, Many thanks for your answer. But you can link different adwords accounts to the same analitycs property now. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi

Thanks for your answer. It is what I have already done so not sure why it is not properly linked. The address is the same, the view is linked to the adwords account and the adwords account is linked to the view.