AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

landing page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All, 

I need my colleagues to be able to see the Landing page of my banner, whitout clicking on it.
What do I suggest them to do? 

thanks a lot!

f.

Re: landing page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Floriana,

Why not just give them the landing page URL?

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Clyton, there are many campaigns involved.
So I need to know if there is a way for them to see where the banner is leading (so I will know for which campaign they saw the banner for) without having them clicking.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Download the account to the editor > Select the account > select ads tab > Select Image ads > go to file > export spreadsheet with images (zip) > Current view.

This will give you an excel sheet that lists each and every image ad and its destination URL and a file with all images. The images will be in a separate folder but each one is clearly labelled so they can match the image to the corresponding line in the excel sheet that lists the destination URL.

Let me know if this helps

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Another option would be to grant them read only access to the account so they can go in and see the Dest URL for each ad themselves

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Nope, doesn't help.
I think I phrase it wrong, let me try again.

Person A with no access to Adwords, Adwords Editor, nothing at all, sees a banner on website X.
How can person A find out what landing page is the banner pointing to without clicking on it?
Is there tricks, quick commands, mouse hovering etc etc that can enable person A to come to me and tell me what lp/tracking they have seen?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floriana
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The link address they will see will look somehting along the lines of:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So no, they can not copy link URL or Image URL or anything like that.

They can view source/inspect element and find the URL there. It will be somewhere in an href where the googleads url is made = to the destination URL.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Clynton!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
No Problem, Glad I could help!