AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

keyword's cpc is more expensive in one country than in all locations?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everybody, 

I have been trying to estimate how much  money I need to invest to start promoting my site. As I searched keywords on Google Keyword Tool, I found that some keywords' CPC was more expensive in one country than in all locations.

How is this possible? Can somebody break it down for me?

Thank you very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keyword's cpc is more expensive in one country than in all locatio

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura, welcome to the Community.  It's very common to find CPC figures vary from country to country or even within a country, even a small one like the UK.  The price you pay for CPC is partly based upon what other advertisers are bidding and what they're prepared to pay so as you move around the world that competition varies.  There are other factors such as local costs as well, what may be a profitable CPC in England may be too expensive in Spain so bids are lower across the board.

This variation in CPC costs - and other metrics of Adwords - is why it's generally good practice to have separate Campaigns for distinct countries so you can monitor local performance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits