AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

is there a way to see which keyword led to a a "completed funnel"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there a way to see which keyword led to a a "completed funnel"? Meaning if i set my payment page to my URL is there a way to see which keword led to that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: is there a way to see which keyword led to a a "completed funnel"?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi newbieguy,

If you set your sales funnel up correctly and imported the goal to AdWords as a conversion, look on the keywords tab for your campaign to see which keywords led to the completed funnel (AKA goal).

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I agree with petebardo But if you want to check this in analytics then you can use custom reports which can give you a better data like bouncerate, cost etc. 

Step 1. Clock on Custom reporting in the top bar

Step 2. Name your report

Step 3  Choose metric as Goal x completions, where x is your goal number

Step 4  Choose dimension as keyword and / or any other dimensions/metrics you need and save the report

Hope it helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Just to add to whats already been said. Apart from Google Analytics, you can also track this information at your back-end if you can tag all your AD urls to track the keyword triggering the ad. (Basic UTM tags). You can then capture the keyword from here and map it to the lead or set a cookie to store this information for you which can then be read when the person submits the form or completes a payment.

This will help you get past the (notset) values that we do tend to see in Google Analytics. Your website team should be able to implement this easily if you explain it to them. 

Do feel free to revert if you need anything else on this.