AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

international phone forwarding and tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I understand that call forwarding currently only work for U.S., U.K., France, and Germany. My question is if forwarding work across countries? We are setting up a campaign targeting customers in UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and India. We are struggling to find a 3rd party/use Google call forwarding that would cover all those countries. When we turn on call-forwarding setting say for the UK campaign but put Switzerland number as the destination number, will the customer be able to call and reach Switzerland? If this doesn't work, we'd have to go with a/multiple 3rd party solution but we haven't found one. Please let me know if any of you have had tips and best practices for phone tracking on international campaigns. Eager to learn. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks guys!

G

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: international phone forwarding and tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Hmm... This is a nice question;
Google call forwarding is available per country. The issue is more complicated: I am not aware a service that covers a few European countries with one number; You could find many services PER country - but for each country - you'll get a different number;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Just an suggestion. Just divide you current campaign into two different campaign, one campaign where Google forwarding is available and another where it is not.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Nice idea by Abhishek;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
will prob end up doing that. our biggest problem is that customers probably can't cross dial between countries (from say India to Switzerland). but thanks for the recommendation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yeah. found one company that can cover most but still not all. thank you for your time!