AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

in market audiences mobile tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi-

What is the reason that there are large differences in the impressions amount in the in market audiences campaign IOS VS Android?

tnx 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: in market audiences mobile tracking

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Shiran,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

In Market audience is a collection of users who are closer to conversion. it is quite possible that Android users are more than iOS users or vice versa and hence the difference in impressions.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
tnx for your answer.
I opened an "In-Market" campaign for iOS and for Android. both of them intended for new app downloads. I opened a text ads group and a banners ads group. the banners ads group isn't' bringing any conversions.
do you have any idea about a possible cause/solution?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,

What's the campaign type: Mobile app installs or Display Network - All features? What sizes of banner ads have you got? Any other targeting methods you've used other than in market? What's the bidding method you're currently using?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The campaign type : display network. All features.
The size of banner :
300 x 480
480 x 320
300 x 50
320 x 50
I used only "In-market" target- conv.Opt

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Shiran,

Thanks for the info.

Conversions from Image ads may be less due to many reasons including ads not engaging, ad sizes not suitable for potential placements, etc. If you're driving Mobile App Installs, I'd suggest using Display Network - Mobile App Installs campaign type. This campaign type is meant to show Mobile App ads to App users and chances of conversions are more, compared to a normal display network campaign.

More info on this campaign type here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i can use this campaign type but i cant target "in market " audience.
and this is my target.
tnx

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
I agree to that point, Shiran!

Although, I'd like to know your objective behind targeting In Market Audiences for a Mobile App. If you're advertising a Mobile App (to drive App Installs), Targeting all app users would give you a wide reach. It is possible that Google has less data (considering In Market is new) about the Product type your App falls under, hence less users and less chances of a conversion.

If you could rethink about using In Market or consider Mobile App installs, it could work better for you.

Thanks,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth
i have already Mobile App campaign- its result a lot of mobile downloads.
but i try something new, target people in market of travel, hotel,rent a car... this is the subject of the App

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Thanks for that info, Shiran!

If you consider App Installs as conversions, you'll have to stick to Mobile Devices. Ideally, I'd suggest 2 campaigns (one for iOS and the other for Android) with 2 Ad Groups (one for text ads and other for image) for a right structure.

One reason for less conversions could be more desktop traffic compared to mobile. Could you segment the campaign data by device to verify this? If you find more desktop traffic, you'll have to lower your bids for In Market and increase mobile bid adjustment to ensure desktop traffic is minimal.

Another possibility could be less CTR for image ads (less engaging ads) as compared to Text ads and hence less conversions. You might want to create more engaging ads in all dimensions applicable to mobile devices.

Let me know if all these are in place, to troubleshoot further.

Cheers,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar