AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

{ignore} parameter Upgraded URL - Invalid Tracking Template

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

I have read what I could find about the upgrade of url.

I'd like to add {ignore} parameter, but when I do so the information Invalid Tracking Template pops up.

I am setting tracking template at account level directly in AdWords. 

setting up

{lpurl}?{ignore}campaignid={campaignid}&adgroupid={adgroupid}&network={network}&keyword={keyword}&matchtype={matchtype}&creative={creative}&adposition={adposition}&device={device}

creates error

this though, goes though OK

{lpurl}?campaignid={campaignid}&adgroupid={adgroupid}&network={network}&keyword={keyword}&matchtype={matchtype}&creative={creative}&adposition={adposition}&device={device}

Please advise good people

---edit---

ps: I got {ignore} parameter info from: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en-GB

Thx

Kathy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: {ignore} parameter Upgraded URL - Invalid Tracking Template

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kathy,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Why would you like to use {ignore} in your tracking template? It can't be used with Tracking Templates. There's no need to use it for the URL structure you have. 

{ignore} is basically used with Final URL when you have tracking info even in the Final URL. You can use {ignore} to hint the system that whatever follows it is merely tracking and is not going to change the actual landing page. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Many thanks for your help her.

On https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en-GB it says that it reduces the crawl load. Hence I thought it would be a good idea.

Just to clarify, so should I use it in the final url setting section, instead of the tracking template section?

Thx
Kathy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Kathy,

I will reiterate, the {ignore} parameter is not actually required for your URLs. It is used with advanced URL structures and requirements when keeping the tracking info with Final URL itself can't be avoided. 

And yes, in your case, there's no tracking info in the Final URL section, so you do not require it at all. 

About crawl loads, as you do not have any tracking info with your Final URL, your load time is already optimized. 

You are good to go without it Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan Jha