AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

iOS & Android App Tracking in Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Does anyone currently track iOS & Android app downloads & also in-app conversions (orders) in Google Analytics without using a third party tracking? If so, how was this set-up?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: iOS & Android App Tracking in Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Selvin,

I guess you could use Analytics Mobile and fire Events, the same as in websites, and then create Goals with these events.

Also, if you're using adwords, you can check mobile app conversion tracking here:
https://support.google.com/partners/answer/6209179?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for sharing the link.

So if we choose to go with SDK conversion tracking for iOS & Android, would we be able to track the adwords app campaigns in GA similar to how we track the web campaigns?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Selvin K
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Selvin, the earlier link it's for tracking conversions inside plataforms suchs as ADwords, Admob and Youtube I guess.

For Analytics, you should use Analytics Mobile. Take a look at this:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2587086?hl=en

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

iOS & Android App Tracking in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Leandro,

I have a similar problem. I'm trying to run an Adwords campaign for a client. They gave me access to their Google Analytics account that is tracking app events but with Adwords autotagging enabled I don't see my campaign data being reported to the Google Analytics app tracking. Is there something special I need to do to see the Adwords campaign data in the GA app tracking? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.