AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to track conversion in google shopping ppc campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder how to track conversion or sales in google shopping campaign. How to measure the performace of auto targets?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to track conversion in google shopping ppc campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

@tatheer wrote:

I wonder how to track conversion or sales in google shopping campaign. How to measure the performace of auto targets?

If I am not mistaken, you are referring to the Product Listing Ads campaign here. Let me know if that isn't the case here.

For any of the campaigns you run using Google Adwords, you need to install a javascript code called conversion tracking script available under Tools and Analysis. You need to install the script on goal completion page i.e. thanks page or sign up confirmation page etc...

For more details on set up, refer to this article: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply; i know the tracking system of regular ppc campaigns.However, I recently created a new campaign through product listing ads (You are right) . Without any text ad and Keywords. I just want to advertise on google shopping . I am getting traffic and clicks as well but i want to track which click result in to a sale and which is not ... is there any way to track .

Thanks in advance 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Talking specifically about PLAs campaign, although you don't add keywords to start showing ads, but when you check the search terms report, you do get the exact search queries entered by the users and see if they resulted in any conversion for you or not. Also, you can add negative keywords for PLA campaign in order to avoid irrelevant traffic.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes i could see the impression and clicks but not conversion. How to track
conversion is my question?