AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to track adwords campaign in mixpanel

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have experience using MIXPANEL to track traffic from google ADWORDS.  At a minimum, I want to identify users who came through by clicking on adwords ads...  and if possible have some deatils abotu the ad they clicked on (ad campaing, ad group, ad version, CPC....)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to track adwords campaign in mixpanel

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tom,

You don't mean individually identifiable information on users, right?  Absent transactive information, or a registration process, that is not possible.  If you mean generally,or in aggregate, GA can provide the granularity you listed too. 

Mixpanel is certainly a step above GA

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks PPCBUILDERS,  my problem had to do with the fact that auto-tagging wasn't turned on in my preferences. So no utm info was passed in the url parameters, and mixpanel wasn't picking up anything.  I made the change and am waiting to see if it worked. (seems like the system takes time to reflect the change in auto-tagging preference)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CuriousTom
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, Tom.

I provided you with an answer on your other thread. You cannot use mixpanel with auto-tagging. Auto-tagging only passes information from AdWords to Google Analytics. Other analytics packages do not share data internally with AdWords and they need auto-tagging turned off and manual URL tagging.

Apart from the usual utm parameters, you may have a look at ValueTrack parameters, they are very useful as well: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.