AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to track Adwords and analytics conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have 2 thankyou page one for adwords and another for analytics. If i import analytics goals to adwords can i  track both goals seperatly?. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to track Adwords and analytics conversion

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

I am not sure I understand your question, can you please explain it with an example?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created seperate landing page for PPC and thankyou page for PPC campaign is different than Google analytics Goal page, Suppose i link GA With Adwords can i track both goals seperatly?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gowebbaby
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello gowebbaby and welcome,

I am afraid but I am little confused about what you have written in your post as Nik said.

Creating separate landing pages for Adwords PPC campaigns is a strategy which many advertisers follow. So there's no harm to it unless you adhere to best practices and advertising policies.

As far as goal completion is concerned, you can go both ways i.e. :

You can import Google Analytics goals under Conversion tab in your Adwords account.

You can also track conversions using Adwords conversion tracking script. (I do both ways.)

Linking Adwords with Analytics is highly recommended so that you get more insights of what actually is happening on your website when some Adwords user click your ad in terms of avg. time on site, bounce rate etc...

Let us know if that helps in some way!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gowebbaby
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks now i got my answer.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey Tom,

I track conversions both ways. 

I have Adwords conversion tracking script installed on goal completion page and whenever conversion happens, it is recorded inside Adwords interface. Yes, I do assign value to them most of the times.

Now importing goals is an additional step which I take in the accounts because sometimes there is a delay in tracking conversions either way (Adwords or Analytics), so to make sure that at least one or the other one shows up the data, it is required. As you know that when you import goals, it takes longer time to populate the data under Conversions Tab, but it's an additional step which I think should be implemented.

In order to analyse the data, it is important to go into the Conversions Tab and check which of the goal completion is actually tracked (goal imported from analytics or conversion tracking) and then based on the data, you can further optimize the campaigns, keywords, ad groups etc...

Hope that makes sense!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I do the same. Use both together conversion tracking and google analytics as well.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey Tom,

Best part is that Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool and to convince a client to use both (Adwords and Analytics) is fairly easy when you tell him that you are going to install this script as well for better web analysis.

And on top, when you tell them that you can monitor the keyword level data under your Adwords interface (by linking Adwords with Analytics) and can measure other important metrics like Bounce Rate, Avg. Time on site, percentage of new visits, then I believe that the client becomes more confident with whatever company he is working with.

$10,000 question solved (from myside) Smiley Very Happy

Pankaj