AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to setup conversion without thank you page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I track conversion when there is no thank you page.

It shows only massage when someone send inquiry from form.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Best way to track conversion without thank you or conversion page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the Best way to track conversion without thank you or conversion page?

I dont have conversion page but have pop up unquiry form. but it dont do refresh when someone send inquiry it just show massage after inquiry - Inquiry sent successfully.

How can I track this? 

Re: Best way to track conversion without thank you or conversion page?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

You can use Google Analytics events tracking and import analytics goals to adwords, I don't know if there's way we can do it by Adwords or not , may other community members help you. But for now you could go through the next URLs to know how to use events tracking :
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/so43hYNrs-w

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mansoor,

As you said you don't have Thank you page and you want to track the conversion and a pop is shown to user when the form is filled by him. So, this can be tracked under Analytics and You can set that as Goal under Analytics and then import that in Google AdWords (Auto-tagging Should be enabled for that) to track the Conversion.

You can implement Event Tracking, please read this: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide

I am using the same thing for my client and it work good.

Regards,
Rupesh Chhabra

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Mansoor,

Just a small addition to informative responses above, I would like you to read this post and especially the comments by TC petebardo where he has explained the same scenario intelligently:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/conversion-tracking-with-no-thank-you-page/t...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I mean when someone want to send inquiry he/she will click on inquiry button and then after filling pop up form the massage shows - Inquiry sent successfully without refreshing page or anything.

So is it not possible to track directly in adwords ?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

How is the form processing handled? If you have access to the code that processes the form action then you could use that as a confirmation page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
How can I do that I have all access of website plus I have expert web developer with me.
Check out the inquiry form that I want to track. goo.gl/nlxylh

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Check out this very similar problem and solution on Stackoverflow.com.

The page isn't refreshing but the JQuery AJAX is sending and retrieving info from the server and it is here where you can figure out a place to execute the conversion code.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
This is so complicated. I have heard about Google tag manager.
Is there any way to track clicks on form or the massage that appear after conversion?
I think this can be useful.