AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to pass the "query string" (what the visitor typed into the search bar) in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

i've looked everywhere and cant seem to find how to pass the actual search term that the visitor typed into the search bar,

inside adwords it shows under the "search terms"

in bing you can pass {QueryString} which will replace this token with what the visitor actually typed in,

I can pass keyword no problem but I want to also pass the actual query string / search term the visitor typed into the search bar,

does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David D
October 2016

how to pass the "query string" (what the visitor typed into the search bar) in adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David D,

There is no way to retrieve the actual search terms or search query from the referrer data. Google stopped providing this when they moved to secure search. They consider it a privacy issue.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David D
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David D,

There is no way to retrieve the actual search terms or search query from the referrer data. Google stopped providing this when they moved to secure search. They consider it a privacy issue.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords