AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to measure callout

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords people,

how can I measure my callouts?

• number of click
  • wich are shown
  • how often are they shown

Thank you

-Lukas

- Lukas

Re: how to measure callout

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You can analyze the performance of ads that contain callouts from your Ad extensions tab. The Clicks column counts clicks on your ad headline when your callouts appeared with it.

Here's how to see your callout performance data:

Select a campaign with callouts. Then, click the Ad extensions tab.
Choose View: Callout Extensions from the View drop-down menu.
You'll see a statistics table that contains data on the ad's performance when the callout appears.
Analyze your performance data to see which callouts are performing well and optimize your callouts accordingly.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6079510?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
What I would be interested is how its performing and with and without callouts and maybe. Also it would be interesting see statistics not just by campaign but by adgroup or ad.

is it possible now?
I haven't set Callouts so I don't see any numbers/results.

Thanks,
-Lukas
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lukas,

Callout extensions will operate exactly like any other ad extensions and you can get results on htem the same as any other ad extension.

Either on the ad extensions tab which will tell you the statisitcs of your ad when the extensions was present.

Or you can segment your data by click type at any level (keyword/ad/adgroup/campaign) and see how each click type has performed such as headline/sitelink/call extension/callout etc.

Hope this helps

P.S. slight adjustment to ahmed's reply, the ad extension tab will give you the numbers of clicks on your ad when your extension was present in TOTAL not only the clicks on your headline. You can even segment this data by click type to get a more granular representation of the data.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you boys that is just fine for me Smiley Happy

- Lukas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
OK one more question. Does it make sense to use it in Display Network only campaign?

Thank you
- Lukas

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lucas,

To see where ad extensions are visible refer to the link below:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

To answer your question directly, no it will not show on display only. But keep that link handy for future reference.

Good Luck

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Clynton,

This what the help center says:

"The Clicks column counts clicks on your ad headline when your callouts appeared with it."

Check it out here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6079510?hl=en

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is most interesting,

When you look at the data you can clearly see that this is a misinterpretation. By segmenting by click type in the ad extension tab you will see that the Click number that you are given at the basic level is made up of headline clicks and other extension clicks.

So perhaps they should have reworded that and taken out the word 'headline',so that it would read simply clicks on your ad when your extension was present. Seems to generate confusion.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I don't have a callout data to tell.

If you mean that you have a callout data and you can see the Clicks column counts clicks from both the headline and the other extensions, so we can report Google to change this sentence!!