AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to improve or optimize the account performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how to improve or optimize the account performance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to improve or optimize the account performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

It's a very generic question and will depend from account to account.

It's better if you can share some insights on how you have structured your account in terms of keywords, matching options, google network i.e. either targeting search or display network etc...so that Community can provide you with the specific insights on how you should optimize your account.

Pankaj

Re: how to improve or optimize the account performance

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
At its simplest AdWords is easy - you do more of what works and less of what doesn't.

Your main job is to set up protocols such as conversion tracking to get yourself to the point where you can tell the difference between the two.

so, for example, on the face of things it sounds like it would be better to have 1,000 clicks at $1 than 200 clicks as $5 - right?

Well - it may not - in fact you may find that the clicks at $5 convert better - i.e. they buy more from you, or contact you, or request your brochure - much more than the 1,000 clicks.

Setting up your account so that you can identify what is working and what is not is key.

Much of that information is found within Google Analytics and if you have not installed GA on your site and linked it to your AdWords, that would be the very first step to take.