AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to implement conversion tracking through contact form 7

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client that is using a contact 7 form on a wordpress site. We want to track form submissions through Google Adwords. 

There is no thank you page when a user submits the form so we can't add the code there.

I've read on other forumns to add some code in the advanced settings section of the form like shown below:

on_sent_ok: "ga('send', 'event', 'Contact Form', 'submit');"

This isn't working for me. Is there something I need to put in place of the parameters 'send', 'event', 'Contact Form', 'submit' in the code above? Or is it something else?

Please help!

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

how to implement conversion tracking through contact form 7

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Megan,

I do this daily.

In Additional Settings, place this code:

on_sent_ok: "location = '/thank-you/';"

Then make a Thank You page with the URL yoursite.com/thank-you/ and place your AdWords conversion code on that page. Set it to measure once (and not many, which is the default). Or make a goal for visits to that page in Analytics.

It isn't totally perfect, because there is a little delay before they are taken to the Thank You page, but it works really well and I've implemented it hundreds of times.

The Thank You page just needs a simple message saying that you'll get back to them. Don't worry too much about how it looks, but try and keep the page as clutter-free as possible.