AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to differentiate between PPC and Organic Traffic?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a query.

I have a contact form on my landing page. I get traffic through both Adwords PPC and organic traffic.

How can I differentiate whether the contact form is getting filled through paid advertising and through organic traffic.

Can somebody please help, Is there any way  to track it?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how to differentiate between PPC and Organic Traffic?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you have auto tagging turned on and Adwords account is linked with Google Analytics, then when you go to Analytics dashboard, you have Traffic Sources Tab. Google Analytics will differentiate the traffic for you and provide you with data related to paid traffic, organic traffic, direct and referral traffic. You will see Google Adwords as a separate tab inside Traffic Sources>> Advertising.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Pankaj for replying back.

I have already done what you have instructed in your post to know my traffic sources but if you go through my question how can I differentiate conversions ( here I am referring to leads which I receive after visitor fills contact form) whether they are from organic search or PPC or mailers.

P.S. The landing page is same for all.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@naushin h, As I said above, you should be using Google Analytics to see how many leads coming in from Adwords, organic, referral etc... And to do that you need to configure goals in your Google Analytics account. Once you do that, you can start getting the segmented report in terms of how many goals were completed from which traffic source.

Read this article to set up goals: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @ Pankaj, you were of great help!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately this only tells you how many came from each, and does not provide you with the information to differentiate the actual contact leads from one another. I'm having the same issue. How would I be able to know which submissions specifically were PPC and even better, to know which ad group they came from? Not to just know how many came from each. Otherwise, there is no way to assign a value to a specific customer's purchase.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This nearly three year old thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.