AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to create an adwords reporting app?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi!

I am looking for the steps involved to create/code an in-house reporting (web) app for Adwords.

Please bear with me, I am not a programmer, I need help with directions/guidelines and what to use to accomplish this; I need to understand the steps.

The app would get the data from Adwords. I assume it would send it in Google Sheets for displaying. Once I have my data in my google.sheet:

1) What method can I use to display the results with a nice customized logo(s)?
2) What method is used to transpose the data in charts?
3) How to export the result in PDF?

What I need to know are the steps involved, coarsely, so that i can understand the process of making this.

Thank you for reading this, and for any help or information! b. regards, JB

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jérôme B

This is either a significantly large scripting task or a full blown software development job. There's simply no way we could spend weeks or even months walking you through this if you're not a programmer I'm afraid. 

I'd suggest that you take a look at the scripts product first as this is the easiest way to do what you're looking for with sheets.

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/

If you're looking for a more robust solution, you'll have to use the API or a third party library/wrapper. You can find more info about the API here: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/start

Sorry I can't be of more assistance. 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Dave_Davis is correct, to build a web app for reporting could be an immense project. I have used a number of paid 3rd party reporting tools, and can only kindly describe most of them as "a work in process".  I always ended up going back to exporting, Google sheets/charts, screenshots as a superior solution.  There are a few good reporting tools out there but they are quite expensive, and targeted more at agencies that report on a lot of accounts.  Anyway that just gives you an idea what an immense project it can be, to try and do better than what's built into AdWords.

A workaround method may solve your problem though.  There are third party applications which can pull data out of AdWords, into Google Sheets without even requiring API access; i believe they are based upon scripts.  If you search for "Excel adwords reporting" and "Google sheets adwords reporting" you will find them.  You should also give Google Data Studio a good look, although i believe it is still in Beta status.

hth!