AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how to assign adwords data in GA Test view ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I want to create a view in google analytics, which only show my google adwords linked account data in google analytics. but i don't want to share my other data stats from other channels in that view.

how can i do that ?? as i have already read google docs about linking of GA data with adwords but it is not reflecting.

i have also checked auto tagging is ON and also that view is linked to that account Google adwords account but still i am not able to see adwords data by excluding the internal traffic.

is this can be done by applying filters ??

Need Help on this ASAP

Thanks,

Rahul Setia

Re: how to assign adwords data in GA Test view ??

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rahul,

Are you not seeing any data or not sure how to view the data? If you apply a segmentation of Medium or source/medium then all your AdWords data will be identifiable by a CPC label.

So if you are looking at behaviour flow (for example) you can change the view to Acquisition> Source/Medium, this will then show you where users are coming from at the start of the behaviour flow.

Another place to look would be under the acquisition menu on the left, there should be an AdWords drop down where you can see various data.

If there is no AdWords data on your account, or it is not being attributed to CPC/AdWords then there are a number of trouble shooting exercises you will have to do. Given that you are sure the accounts are linked and auto tagging is on. The first thing I would check is that your website allows for a GCLID parameter. You need to make sure that this is not getting stripped away (there a variety of reasons why this could happen). You can use the ?gclid=TeSt-123 to see if it is getting stripped away.

Refer to the following link for trouble shooting:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246?hl=en

Hope this helps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rahul,

If you linked your Adwords account correctly  to Analytics, by default Adwords data can be viewed in all Analaytics views. To show only Adwords data in a view, go to Admin>Filters>Custom>Campaign Medium set filter pattern as "CPC" (with out quotes) and verify it. It will show you the data after and before the filter applied. I hope that helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

after applying this filter will it only shows the data from CPC or also internal traffic from others channels too like social media, organic, refrrel etc.

if yes it will show other channels data then how we can exclude all the data from that view except CPC data.

thanks,

rahul

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Rahul, i haven't tried this so, i don't have the practical knowledge. But, i could say that as you are including the CPC medium, it will show only CPC data and throws away other channels/mediums which doesn't match to it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have applied the same let me wait for 24 hours to reflect the data in this .. anyways thanks for the help

@John Paul Sing wrote:

Rahul, i haven't tried this so, i don't have the practical knowledge. But, i could say that as you are including the CPC medium, it will show only CPC data and throws away other channels/mediums which doesn't match to it.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for replying. Update the result here.