AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how many conversions can I create?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

how many conversions can I create in a single account? lead, register, download, demo, purchase etc... (using them all together)

Thanks

M

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how many conversions can I create?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mick,
As far as I know, you can set up as many as you like. However, more is not necessarily better. If you're setting up microconversions, you should use GA. Because when it comes to flexible and advanced bidding strategies that rely on ROAS or margin, things can get sticky.

Imagine this: You have two conversions set up in adwords. A sale of a product and a contact form of which you have assigned $5 lead value.

Now, when you turn on conversion optimizer or another value based bidding strategy, what if AdWords optimizes your account/bids for leads and not sales?

While your micro conversions are indeed useful and valuable, I'd keep them in GA. Currently, there's no way to prioritize conversions in AdWords.

Finally, you can set up the microconversions in GA and import them into AdWords whenever you like. It's better to see these conversions at the all channel level usually.

Hope that makes sense.

Re: how many conversions can I create?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mick,

Completely agree with Dave on this.

When it comes to creating micro conversions, you should use GA. Your life will be less hectic if you use GA to do this. But if you are just looking at setting up conversion tracking for different pages on the same website, you can do it through adwords itself.

Depending on your need, you should choose wisely and proceed on this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"