AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how does google protect users from scammers using google ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Saw some websites offering services that seem really good. But im not sure if its legit or not. They had a google ad so i figured they were legit. But i thought i should ask anyway and see if google would allow scammers to use ads..and if i were a victim of such, would google be able to track down the criminals involved?.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how does google protect users from scammers using google ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Shekeim,
First of all, you need to take some responsibility yourself. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Google cannot police all business models and you should exercise your own level of caution. Just because there's an ad on Google search results, doesn't mean it should be trusted 100%

It frustrates me that people expect Google to be their nanny all the time these days. If you're not sure if it's legit or not, do some research. You know, like in the old days.

The mere fact that you are asking this question is probably an indication that there IS something to be worried about. You can report ads that you believe are illegal or scams here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en