AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how do I view call reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently just started using the Google forwarding number. How dow I view the statistics for the number of calls, lenght of calls etc.?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew C
September 2015

Re: how do I view call reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Matthew,
Welcome to the community.

I've jumped at your dropzone by the way Smiley Wink Mostly jump at Z-hills though when I'm stateside though.

Anyway, to answer your questions: 

You can find basic performance information for your call extensions on the Campaign and Ad Group tabs in these columns:

• Phone Impressions: The number of times your Google forwarding phone number was shown.
  • Phone Calls: The number of calls to the Google forwarding phone number that showed with your ad.
  • PTR: Phone-through rate (PTR) is the number of phone calls received divided by the number of times your phone number is shown (impressions).

You’ll need to add these columns to your statistics table. Here’s how:

1. Click the Columns button above the statistics table on the Campaigns or Ad Groups tab.
  2. Select Customize columns.
  3. Add the columns you want from the "Call details" category

You can use "Click-type" segmentation to view a breakdown of these metrics by platform. Here's how:

1. Sign in to AdWords, then navigate to the CampaignsAd groups, Ads, or Keywords tab.
  2. Click the "Segment" menu, then select "Click type." You should see a breakdown reflecting mobile clicks-to-call, mobile phone calls, and manually dialed calls from laptops, desktop computers, or tablets.

For more detailed reports, visit the Dimensions tab and select Call details from the "View" menu. You'll find the following details available for each call to your Google forwarding numbers:

• Call start time
  • Call end time
  • Call status (missed or received)
  • Caller area code
  • Call type
  • Campaign (if enabled using the Columns drop down)
  • Ad group (if enabled using the Columns drop down)

While detailed call reports let you find out more about the individual calls you've received, you'll still be able to view aggregated call reports for each campaign on the Campaigns tab.

Re: how do I view call reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome, I haven't been able to jump in a while but I will in the next couple months once it gets warm.

This answers my question perfectly. Thank you!

how do I view call reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave this is great!  Do you know how to do this in the new Beta version?