AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how can i track clicks on my ad to my geography

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set my geographic targetting to a 50 km radius. How can I take my monthly report that shows my clicks and link them to my geography.  For example:  On Monday April 3 my ads got 5 clicks ---- from the following areas:

2 --- Niagara Falls

3- Welland

Can I do this?

Re: how can i track clicks on my ad to my geography

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Have you enabled auto-tagging in AdWords and have you linked AdWords and Analytics?
Ryan.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
In AdWords itself, a quick way to see this info is to use the dimensions tab, located near the top, and change the view to "geographic." If you are targeting a relatively small area, though, the locations of clicks provided may not be specific enough to meet your needs. But check it out and see what you get.

Also, there isn't a way within AdWords to integrate the geographic data with the main reports you see on the tabs for campaigns, ad groups, etc... You'd have to run this report separately.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
You can view the geographic data within Adwords; just go to dimension tab and choose the view to “Geographic” or “user location”; choose the date range you will see a report telling you that from which country/territory along with city and regions you have got clicks;

If you have auto-linked your Adwords and Analytics account than it much more easy to see this; just go to your Adwords report in Analytics and chose the secondary dimension as “city” or “country”; Now you can see an extra column in your report telling you the city or country data.