AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how can i see actual cpc Against the Search Queries

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Right now i am optimizing an adwords account. In adwords, we only see avg cpc for each keyword and even in search terms BUT what i need is actual cpc that adwords charges for each click on each search query. Is there any option in Adwords so i can see the actual apc against each search query that user typed.

Lets suppose adwords shows in search query report that one search query got 10 impressions and 3 clicks what i want in this case is cost of each click separately not as avg cpc for these clicks.

Hopefully all you will get my point if dont then feel free to ask againt.

Thanks in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can i see actual cpc Against the Search Queries

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zaheer M,
Adwords doesn't provide actual CPC data and there is no way to find actual CPC without knowing competitor's Ad Rank.
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Zaheer,

In Adwords you will get the average Cost per click only depending upon the bidding auction and how your ad has been ranked during that ad auction process in comparison to other advertiser. This is how Adwords works.

For deeper insights, I would really encourage you to go through this video by Google's Chief Economist Hal Varian where he has explained how adwords bidding works:

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

In fact, if you view your search queries online or pull a report to view them offline, then there is a CPC associated with each search query. Although that is the average for that search query (if there were multiple people searching using that query and several of them clicked on your ad), it's a reasonable approximation of the "cost" of a click on that search phrase.

Bearing in mind, of course, that the cost for a click on even a single search phrase can vary by time of day or day of the week. You can sort of estimate how much the cost of a search phrase might vary by running search query reports for different time frames and comparing them.

Just some thoughts....

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks for those thoughts, just saved me hours!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Santosh, @Pankaj, @theresa and @ Trevor.