AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

how I can filter not set data in google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

one of my account in Google analytics got traffic from spam websites and  successfully I filtered them, but I am unable to filter the (not set) data. Please help me to filter not set data in Google analytics.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how I can filter not set data in google analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anjali,

As far as I remember, it's not possible to hide the "not set" data inside Google Analytics. Reason being it's an important part of this web analytics platform and it's functionality. Here are more details: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717?hl=en

For further better insights, you can re-post this question over Google Analytics forum:- https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Anjali,

it is an old request, but a solution is still needed. On a dashboard you can set the filter "dont show [Dimension] containing 'not set''"

@Pakaj
The not set data is not allways needed.
E.G.: you wanna show the top content groups in a dashboard. 'Not set' shows me the traffic where no CG is defined. I know that not every page is in, or that all pages I want to be in are in. So for me there is no need for not set. Other people might be confused to see the 'not set'. So it is better to hide this in reports.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.