6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

h

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Attribution - RM.pngHow come that my Remarketing campaign has more conversions attributed to  first  interaction than last interaction in Analytics Model Comparison Tool?

Re: Model Comparison Tool - Remarketing

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marta

Analytics counts first click conversion where as Adwords counts last click
conversion.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I assume that Remarketing shouldn't be the First Interaction, right? As somebody was already on our website and that's why got exposed to Remarketing campaign.....
Marta

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I suppose you are looking at paid campaign data, so it is reporting on the
basis of that campaign only.

Does that make sense?

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No I'm looking at MCF Channel Grouping (all channels) and filtering the Remarketing campaign. Are you saying that even though Remarketing campaign wasn't first interaction (lets say because the first click was from organic search) but the conversions still got attributed to Remarketing? Thats shouldn't be happening right?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, that the same i am saying that you are filtering the results for
remarketing campaign i.e. it is showing data for that particular campaign
only. Its showing you the data for the conversion which are first clicked
on your remarketing campaign irrespective of the click which led the user
to add in the remarketing list.

Make sense?

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for you response. However definition of First Interaction in Model Comparison Tool is: The First Interaction model attributes 100% of the conversion value to the first channel with which the customer interacted.
So the model should show the attribution across the channels and not only for that particular campaign. As it should take into consideration other channels....In this case I just don't get how Remarkering could be the first interaction channel.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marta,

I know this is now already 2 years old post but I wonder did you ever get any explanation why remarketing campaigns get credit for first interaction. To me this is not logical at all.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Polona,

No luck I'm afiard Smiley Sad Enquired with Google too and got some explanations which didn't really make sense to me anyway. Sorry for being of no much help in this case

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I thought so. :-) If i get/find some explanation I will post it here.

Because if explanation is not logical than those reports are not really useful and reliable.