AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

google forwarding number- call extension?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would Like to know "Is there any expiration time for Google Forwarding Number When Appearing on the desktop and the user dialing it"? Please help...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google forwarding number- call extension?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Preeti,

Welcome to adwords community,

It's good question. After read articles about call extensions I find that there is not time frame for expiration of Google Forwarding Number. I think if you turn off the call extension service (means remove the call extension ) then automatically it expire & after some time if you want to add again it then google provide new number.

Ya but if pause the call extension then practically I also don't know about expiration time of no.

Please read this article, I think it's helpful for you.
title: Add forwarding numbers for advanced call reporting
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

-----------
You ask that "expiration time for Google Forwarding Number When Appearing on the desktop and the user dialing it". May I know you have any idea about expiration time for Google Forwarding Number When Appearing on the mobile or tablet and the user dialing it.?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In case an ad appear with a Google Forwarding number on a desktop. Is there any expiration time a user can dial manually and the conversion gets tracked. As Google Forwarding number is random number coming with the ads.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks,

Preeti, due to your thread I find deep things about Google forwarding phone number and use call reporting .

after reading too much article, I go on conclusion that there is no any specific expiration time of Google forwarding number. Ya but if user closed his/her desktop window where the ads is showing then the Google forwarding number will expire.

I read articles from wordstream, search engine land and from google help etc. No one has mentioned any specific expiration time for Google forwarding number.

regards
mohit

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Preeti,

Google will expire your call extension number if it has been inactive for a period of time but It seems like you're more worried about someone writing down the Google forward number and trying to call back at another time. The cool thing is that google allows manual calls to your google tracking number for free BUT it is strongly recommended not to turn it into a toll-free number since this will severely hurt your analytics.

Instead the manual calling allows for follow through conversion tracking. If you're worried about the line going dead then just keep the campaign alive at a low bid.
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
However, there might be some time period for which these numbers are valid. Are these number fixed?