AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

google conversion code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have an iframe form and when user submits the form, a simple thank you message is displayed in the same page without any changes.

This is actually internal thank you page.  Can this page fire the google conversion code ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

google conversion code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @manpreet s,

I am not very savvy technically, however, based on my experience with similar configurations my best guess is that firing will not be flawless unless the thank you page is sitting on its own separate url. I used to have tough times with such so-called 'internal thank you pages'.

Best,

Lakatos

google conversion code

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @manpreet s,

I actually came across this issue a while back and spent days trying to figure out a solution. That being said, unfortunately this isn't doable.

Basically, unless you have access to the DOM (document object model) then you can't insert any scripts or attach any triggers to those events. And because this form is embedded within an iframe....only that vendor has direct access to the source code to add those manipulations.

Unless, anyone else has figured out a hack, iframe events aren't trackable unless you worked directly with the vendor to integrate specific tracking parameters. The Adwords Support team confirmed my frustrations after a quick phone call :/

Hopefully I at least saved you weeks of pondering....

google conversion code

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Manpreet S,

Are you displaying a message when the form is submitted or when you receive a callback saying the form submission was successful?

The way to do this is to display only the image part of the AW conversion code/ I do it with Javascript that is within the iFrame that records the conversion. Something like this:

<script type=text/javascript>

function recordConversion() {

oImg = document.createElement('img');

oImg,src="https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/1234567890/?value=5.00&amp;script=0";

document.body.appendChild(oImg)

}

</script>

If you show the message by calling a function, include the recordConversion() in that function.

Anyway, no guarantees on the above script.

This all assumes you own the page that's in the iFrame.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords