AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

goog_report_conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I want to record conversion when my Enquiry form is submitted.

http://niitpune.com/Java/Java-Courses-NIIT-Pune.html

Is the below code correct ?

<form class="contact-form" method="post"  name="contactform1" id="contactform1"  onsubmit="return goog_report_conversion();">

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: goog_report_conversion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Guruprashad,

Simply place the conversion code on the thank you page or the page after submitting the form.
go to Tools>> conversions>> +conversion>> Select website as source>> fill up the required field>> save and continue>> then place the tag or code before the body end tag </body> of thankyou page.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Don't have a "Thank you page", and I want the conversion to be recorder when the form is submitted.

Any ways Thanks, it's working fine, just wanted to be doubly sure !

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
The page after the form submission redirect to whatever url(webpage) is referred to as thank you page.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Right, in my case it does not. Thanks!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi,

If the form submit button is not redirecting to any other url then what you are tracking as a conversion.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The Onclick on the submit of my enquiry form.
http://niitpune.com/Java/Java-Courses-NIIT-Pune.html

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Guruprashad,

So you landing page is also your conversion tracking page, but it is not the right approach.
It means if anybody is clicking on your ad will contribute to conversion. As in both the case, after clicking the ad and after submitting the form the URL is same. So, a conversion will be tracked whether user clicks on ad or submit the form.

I suggest you to create a thank you page with different url if your ultimate goal is to track form fill up as conversion.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi , it's not the page, its the form on the page, and when the user submits the form I record a conversion.

Tracking event
Choose whether you'd like to track each purchase with a page load or a click.
Page Load Ex. You'll add this code on your purchase confirmation page.
Click Ex. You'll add this code on your "Buy now" button. --->> This is what I have .

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Ok. whatever method you have opted, conversions are trackable and that's the goal.

Regards