AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

gap in call extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi guys, i found there are gap for data in call extensions.

let say, total click from a campaign is 3000, while from call extension, clicks showed only 1500.

can anyone help on this while current this campaign didn't apply "google forwarding number".

is it this cause the number different?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skchin
September 2015

Re: gap in call extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is best practice to add all relevant ad extensions, however even if you have them all set up they will not always show. Google will show your ad with the extensions that they deem relevant to the user.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Your Call Extensions do not show every single time your ad is displayed. So I would assume that out of the 3000 clicks received only 1500 of them displayed the ad AND the call extension.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi kate, thanks for your reply. However why would this happen? not all ads will shown with call extensions?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi skchin,

Call extensions generally do not show on desktops. Segment by device and see if this is the case with your account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete, there are clicks come from computer, mobile & tablets as well.
however thanks for your reply
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author skchin
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is best practice to add all relevant ad extensions, however even if you have them all set up they will not always show. Google will show your ad with the extensions that they deem relevant to the user.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi kate, thanks so much for your help out & it did give me more idea on this. And also i find out more here Smiley Happy

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en