AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

dynx_itemid error message: tag couldn't be found

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I manage dynamic remarketing for a retail website (colybry.ch) where I'm trying to run a dynamic remarketing campaign.

Adwords is pointing out that it isn't able to find the dynx_itemid anywhere on the site. BUT, isn't this a tag destined for "custom" or "Other" types of business? Not retail? why should this site show it?

Should I just Ignore this warning?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynx_itemid error message: tag couldn't be found

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
when u creating the feed file have u chosen retail and custom both options as your business type?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
I'd say you can probably ignore that, you probably chose the "custom" business type when you created a campaign and so it stuck. If you go into Shared Library > Audiences > Tag details > Setup, you should see the business types listed.

What you should not ignore however are messages about the Google Analytics tag vs AdWords remarketing tag as that can't be switched.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nisal

I checked this and it seems that when the flux was created, the industries selected where "Retail" and "Other". So I believethis is the source of the problem.

I guess I should erase that flux and create a new one selecting "Retail" as the industry for the site.

Cheers

J

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Maxime

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a bit confused, what do you mean by"What you should not ignore however are messages about the Google Analytics tag vs AdWords remarketing tag". So far the analytics tag is correct, It is some aspects of the dynamic remarketing tags (dynx_itemid , and ecomm_prodid) that are triggering the alerts.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi,

Yes this has happened once when i selected custom and retail options as well. the thing is once selected you cant de-select the business type. So you can ignore the message if you don't use dynx_itemid in the feed-file.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, thanks for the info