AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic search ads with utm parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi all,

i would like to run some dynamic search ads in my AdWords account.  However, it is extremely important that my final URL show UTM parameters for internal tracking software purposes.  I would like to know the following:

1) can I add UTM parameters to dynamic search ads?

2) do I have to use ValueTrack parameters?

3) how do I use both ValueTrack and UTM parameters so that my final URL shows utm_campaign, utm_medium, utm_source, keyword & creative?

I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information on how to add UTM parameter to dynamic search ads that do not allow me to designate a final URL.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic search ads with utm parameters

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Brad,

Ad URL options are still available in DSA campaigns both on campaign (settings tab) and Ads tab when you are editing text ads.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this does not explain HOW to do what I need.

i do not know what to put in so that the landing page is dynamically selected, but the UTM parameters always append to the landing page as utm_campaign=google_adwords&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc.

This is a MUST for my internal tracking to work correctly!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

To help users like you, the upgraded URLs Product Manager is available on this thread. 

You can find answer there, also you can post your final URL question there if Product Manager didn't cover it before.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

dynamic search ads with utm parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Alexey, 

I have the same question as I have to set up UTM for dynamic search ads, but I can't find the answer anywhere, is there any step-by-step guide how can I do it?

Best wishes, 

Ausra