AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

duplicated my campaign now got a trademark email - coincidence?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yesterday I used Adwords Editor to duplicate my campaign so that on could target just the US and one just EU. Now this morning i received an email that says one or more of my ads or keywords have been disapproved due to trademark complaints. Could these two be connected or is it just a coincidence? Are there usually any issues when copying a campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: duplicated my campaign now got a trademark email - coincidence?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

I would classify your change as directly related to your issue.  Trademark rules are based on the country being advertised in. You added a new country where the keywords or ads are using trademarks that are not allowed or not allowed without permission first.

I can't give you an exact answer but you may want to take a look here:  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=16316

If you run a search here on the community, you'll definitely find similar situations have come up here before.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cpv84,

I would classify your change as directly related to your issue.  Trademark rules are based on the country being advertised in. You added a new country where the keywords or ads are using trademarks that are not allowed or not allowed without permission first.

I can't give you an exact answer but you may want to take a look here:  http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=16316

If you run a search here on the community, you'll definitely find similar situations have come up here before.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey SPV84,

If your old ads we're created long time ago - there is a chance that the robot didn't find the trademark issue back than.

I guess that when you duplicated the campaign - the ads went to review again...

You can read more about Google's rademark issues in this link

Cheers,

Asaf

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your responses. I am assuming that is what happened. Our ads were created a while back and i just duplicated it so they went under review. There are only a couple that are under review and none have been disapproved yet according to my account however the email says that some have been disapproved. Are the total campaigns frozen or are only the ads/keywords that are under review?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@cpv84;

Quote: "Are the total campaigns frozen or are only the ads/keywords that are under review?"

Only the ads that had been disapproved are "frozen"

Please follow the instructions on the following link to get permission to use a trademarked term:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106477

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
PPCBossman is correct - trademark rules vary by country and trademark owners can also chose which countries they want to protect their trademark in. If you created a new campaign targeting a different location, then that's what happened there.