AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

drastic drop in the impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have been running a campaign with CPA bidding($5) strategy, I used to get avg 4 leads with $4 cost/lead weekly. To increase the number of leads, I had increased the CPA cost from $5 to $7. As a result, there was no significant change in the improvement of impressions. With $7, I was getting same 4 leads weekly with higher cost/lead $12. Since the cost/lead got increased with same number of conversions, again I swiched back the CPA cost to $5 from $7. Then am seeing drastic drop in the impressions. I thought if i add more relevant keywords it will increase the impressions but the campaign is targetting specific region, could not able to find more keywords. I checked impressions share as well after changing bid from $7 to $5 it became <10%, it used to be 20%. Please let mw know what can be done to improve the impressions.

Re: drastic drop in the impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Divya,

I would like to suggest, You need to change your bidding method by weekly like:- CPC, Target CPA, Top of the page.
Test this for weekly and compared the stats. After that you will know which bidding method is familiar your account. Fix it the performing bidding method.

Hope this will help!

Thanks,
Tushar Rajput

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tushar,

It was running with CPC strategy for some time and changed to CPA, then analysed both the stats and came to conclusion CPA is giving more quality leads with less cost/lead. then we thought of increasing more impressions so increased CPA cost from $5 to $7, then all those things had happened. Thought of creating a fresh campaign with same targetting and keywords and pausing the old one. Will it be helpful? Please suggest.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
For new campaign, it will build up new quality score and other no. of stats, so it will take some time to come up existing campaign. I think you should go with old one.
Also I would like suggest to making some changes in your campaign:-
add more good volume keyword, pause existing keywords who has only utilized cost without conversion. If this is not work then you can go with new one.