AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

display reports for placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Sorry for coming back on this subject, but i think that i 'm missing something..

On display , how can you manage to get a report on placements ?  in fact, where your ads were served ? As  no preview tool exist, it 'll be fine to show where your ads are served, isn't ?  I've been waiting for more than 48 hours now  (4 days) and still don't know where my ads have been displayed.

1/ For an ad group targeted with Kw only you 'd be able to see automatic placements under the  display tab in adwords ? Right ?
2/ For interests or themes  (target and bid) : placements aren't given also, but it's may be normal ?
3/ Auto placements : Ok

Tks a lot  for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: display reports for placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are mulitple ways you can find the placements where your ads were served. You can either go to Display Network Tab and click on Placements and see the automatic placements data and work accordingly. Other way is you can get the Automatic Placements Report from the Dimensions Tab and see how your ads have been served.

Another option is to check your Google Analytics account (if you have linked with Adwords) >>Acquisition>>Adwords>>Placements Report. Best part is here you can check the Bounce Rate and other relevant info for your individual domains and make the respective decisions of whether to exclude them or not.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Pankay,

Tks for your response..surprising but ..

"Display Network Tab and click on Placements" : the dashboard is empty !

In GAnalytics onluy content targeting and as soon as i set a secondary parameter 'domain placement" an error message appear saying that "an unusual thing happened, sorry..bla bla" .

To resume : All my ad groups with impressions keep showing no placements.

Any idea ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi again,

SORRY !  Solved...Smiley Embarassed  all the problem was du to the fact that i was looking on a day to day basis !

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Pankaj is right , in Analytics, visiting the path >>Acquisition>>Adwords>>Placements Report should reveal under the first column "Placement type" the 2 situations "Automatic placements" and "Managed placements". However automatic placements here gather all placements including all campaigns , including all remarketing placements for example which matched the audience. So not really good for a single ad group.

Another way to view the URLs is to click on the Campaigns , and select "secondary dimension" = "Placement URL" .

Also as Pankaj said, in the campaign , after clicking on Dimensions you can select from the "View: " button the "Audomatic placements" but you need to scroll way down, it is at the botton of the drop down list. I also use the "Columns" button to add in this case the "Level of detail" with "Ad group" and "URL" and of course select a large time-frame not just today.

display reports for placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Garguier,

this is Vincent from Wah Joo Seng (website: https://kingflex.com). I would like to know how do you fix this problem? What do you mean by day to day basis?