AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

data integrity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what tools exist to verify ip usage patterns? I suspect competitors going click crazy, but would also expect some detail on my billing. Forgive if it exists, the dashboard is so busy that I get lost sometimes and feel I only stumble upon useful functions sometimes. I have a tight geographic radius on the campaign.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: data integrity

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

You do not get IP addresses information of your Google Adwords data because of privacy policy reasons. However, you can approach your server guys to look for the IP addresses if you want. They might be able to assist you.

As far as click activity on Google ads is concerned, Google always keep an eye on advertiser's accounts and work on bringing high quality traffic and tries to minimise invalid click activity as much as it can. Google uses very sophisticated tools and techniques to keep track of all the clicks data in advertiser's account. However if sometimes there is any invalid click activity occurs, the amount is credited back into advertiser's account.

Read more about how Google protects invalid clicks in this reference: http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

However, if you think there is some suspect activity in your account, you can use this troubleshooter and let Google know about it so that they can investigate further.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi tintcutter,

Welcome to the community.

You are able to customise your columns so you can see the invalid click activity. You just need to go to your campaigns tab, clicks on columns and then customise it so they will appear for you. You can see how to customise columns here

Neither AdWords or Google analytics gives you IP data so you would need to go into your server logs to see if there was anything suspicious going on that wasn't already detected.

Google need to protect the integrity of AdWords so they do everything in their power to make sure you only pay for the right clicks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The closest you can get to this is by breaking down the demographics in Analytics.

Select the AdWords traffic, select city and select browser - if you find a chunk of clicks coming from one "source" - then that is a red flag. Point this out to Google and they will investigate.

In my experience Google spots these patterns really quickly (of course they DO have the IP info so it's easier for them!) and credit your account in a matter of hours.