AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

coversion tracking code for google ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi there, i am having issues with my conversin tracking code. I have asked my webmaster to put this code on thank you page of our website so we can track leads generated from our google ads.  The code is definitely there, but just wanted to check there's no issue with having the code inside an IFRAME that is loaded via javascript?

The reason is that the form is submitted via AJAX, so submitting it does not take the user to a separate page. So I have had to add a 1x1 pixel IFRAME on the page to simulate this - the page which is loaded within the frame is at:

http://www.sumosaladfranchise.com.au/wp-content/themes/Macintype/track_conversion.php

If this approach is not compatible with the tracking code provided, could your Google contact advise whether there is alternative code for AJAX forms which do not cause a full page load, or whether we will need to re-implement the form as non-AJAX so it does cause a full page load.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lara G
September 2015

Re: coversion tracking code for google ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lara G,

The iFrame thing won't work for you.

The easiest thing to do is to have the ajax call return the image that is part of the conversion code--just the image, no script or noscript tags. Your server can return the image as a result of the Ajax call with the value filled in. Then just display the image and you're done. Your webmaster should be able to figure this out.

Scripts that are returned with Ajax do not run--not even the noscript part will run. I'm surprised your webmaster was not aware of this when implementing the code.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lara G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'm not sure about the iframe issue - others can chip in here - but another solution is to add an event to the form submission button, track that in Analytics - convert it into a goal and then import that goal back into AdWords as a conversion....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete, Thanks so much for your quick response!