AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversions are down but everything else looks better?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hope someone can cast some light on this, it's puzzling me. There may be a simple answer(s) here. I have attached an analytics screenshot to help make sense.

The screenshot shows the last two months this year (2015), compared to last year (2014) for the same period.

Clicks are much the same as last year, bounce rate has improved, pages per session is up, but the end goal conversion, Goal 3 checkout completions, is down hideously. Hence sales are down dreadfully, compared to last year. Disregard the goal value.

Any ideas on why this is down so much? The website and the products haven't changed much (apart from a mobile version going live earlier this year). AM I getting the wrong metrics? Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

PPC Campaign downturn conversions

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversions are down but everything else looks better?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello James,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Your conversion data as well your actual sales are down, so I don't think you are counting the wrong metrics. If there's any mismatch between the two, you can doubt you are looking into the wrong metrics. 

Now to your main question as to why is conversion down, the reasons can be varied. May be your competitors are offering better offers and/or better experience on the website. Yes, reasons can be many. You will need to look into. I remember I had written an article on this subject a few months ago. Give it a read. It may point you to the right direction. 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Sudden-Drop-in-Conversions-How-amp-...

If it does not help, feel free to come back here and post your query.

Thanks
Ratan Jha