AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion vs converted clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I advertise a loan website on adwords. And when someone fills the loan application form and reaches to thank you page it is calculated as a Conversion.

I have read the difference between conversion and converted clicks. But could not understand the difference. If i don't allow a use to fill twice or thrice the same form.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: conversion vs converted clicks

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There,

Converted click means the number of clicks that convert within your chosen conversion window. So, if a customer makes two separate purchases after clicking on an ad, they will register as one Converted Click.

Conversions: Total Conversion Actions or Total Sales + Unique Leads. The new settings here give advertisers the flexibility to set the way conversion actions are counted by All or Unique.

check for better understanding: http://searchengineland.com/adwords-flexible-conversion-counting-officially-lauched-welcome-converte...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In you case, where there is one conversion then the numbers for conversions and converted clicks will be the same. But imagine you have another conversion for downloading a pdf which explains your company policy. Then a single visitor might download the pdf, and then decides to complete the application.

That would be one converted click and two conversions. Many sites do indeed have multiple conversions that they track. Imagine two visitors arrive at the site via different keywords - one converts 5 times on the page and the other just once. If we were to count all conversions then it would look as if one keyword were five times as effective as the other - which is misleading.

The other point to bear in mind is the cost per conversion. If the costs for conversion are worked out for each of the above - assuming they each paid $1 for the click then the visitor with a single conversion would be reported as $1 per conversion - but how would we report the other - who converted five times? $1 per conversion or 20¢?

Google actually calculates it as $1 - as a cost per converted click, as this does seem to be the most useful in terms of evaluating campaign performance.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kandarp,

"Total Conversion Actions or Total Sales + Unique Leads"

Can you differentiate between "sales and leads"