AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I am new to Google Adwords and want to know more about running an Experiment for a campaign which is not performing. If I set the experiment, is it going to get live? How am I going to track the performance of the campaign.

Please Let me know.

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Re: conversion tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Sheema,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

First thing to do, and I'm assuming you already have, but make sure to set up AdWords Conversion Tracking.  AdWords Conversion Tracking is a great way to track what searchers are doing on your site after they click on your AdWords Ad.

In regards to AdWords Campaign Experiments, this is a free tool offered by Google that allows you to test variables such as Keywords, Ads, Landing Pages, etc. to see if updates will have a positive impact on your AdWords results.

An AdWords Campaign Experiment will not start running until you set it up, and via the AdWords interface you'll be able to see the results of your Experiment.

Setting up AdWords Campaign Experiments is a relatively easy process, but first advertisers must select what kind of Experiment they'd like to set up.  Probably the two most common areas to test are:

• Keywords - How do new Keywords added to your AdWords Account perform; and how to they impact the overall performance of the Account.

• Ad Copy - Via ACE, you can upload multiple versions of Ad Copy and the tool will rotate them based on your specifications, and help you easily understand which Copy performs better.

• Landing Pages - See what page on your site helps converts searchers at a higher rate.

Finally, because you're new to Google AdWords, I suggest you take time to visit the resources listed below.  Often times best AdWords success is seen when Advertisers take the time to understand all about the AdWords platform.

1. Growing your business with AdWords (aka AdWords for Beginner’s Guide) – Simple, yet thorough explanation of the AdWords platform and how to set up an Account.  I particularly like this resource because it’s linear and gives you examples and tips.
  2. AdWords Help Center – All you ever needed to know about AdWords in one place with great on-site search functionality.  Recommended: Set up your account and start advertising
  3. AdWords YouTube Channel – If you prefer watching videos vs. reading, this is the place for you.
  4. AdWords Community - Yes, you’re already here, but besides posting questions, take time to review questions that advertisers have previously asked, and their solutions.
  5. AdWords Step by Step - Another simple, easy to understand walkthrough on the basics of setting up an AdWords Account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheema T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, when you start the campaign experiment, it will start accruing data and will run till the time you have set up during it's creation.

Now this would also depend upon what sort of settings you have created for campaign experiments like how much is control and how much is experiment. Once the experiment is complete you can analyse the data and implement it fully if you think that the experiment was successful. Read more about creating campaign experiments here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383

and here about Monitoring your experiments: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375390

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Brian for the step by Step solution.