AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm a bit confused with the statements here on Google Adwords help centre
"AdWords cookies expire 90 days after a customer's click, while Analytics uses a cookie that lasts for up to 6 months. Adwords conversions can have a conversion window between 7-90 days. That means if a customer completed a conversion after the specified conversion window, the conversion wouldn't be recorded in AdWords but it would still be recorded in Analytics if it occurred within 6 months of the click date."

And then we have another part say that Conversion tracking must be done withing 30 days..so which is it? 30 Days or 90 days for the cookie to expire?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay B
September 2015

Re: conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Akshay.

Please have a look at this page: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/09/customize-conversion-window.html

The conversion window used to be fixed, 30 days, but since last year in September advertisers can configure it.

So now the cookie has a life of 90 days, but can record conversions occurring between one week and 90 days. In the past both the cookie duration and the conversion window were the same, but now they are different.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akshay B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Akshay.

Please have a look at this page: http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/09/customize-conversion-window.html

The conversion window used to be fixed, 30 days, but since last year in September advertisers can configure it.

So now the cookie has a life of 90 days, but can record conversions occurring between one week and 90 days. In the past both the cookie duration and the conversion window were the same, but now they are different.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for clearing out the confusion. Have a great weekend Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You too, Akshay, I'm glad it helped.