AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi community!

I have confusion about something.

I made some changes on my adwords/analitics settings, and Now I am not sure what is happening.

I tried to set up remarketing campaign, and the remarketing tag wasn't working at first.

after some experiements (after consulting help, and forum discussions) I added google tag manager, and a little bit later, remarketing started to work.

But conversion tracking stopped (I wasn't able to see conversions in campaigns (and adgroups...).

after additional experiments and consultation of forum discussions, I connected analitics and adwords accounts and did other things necessary to get data from analitics into the Adwords account.

Problem is that conversion data have something like 24-35 hours of lag.

My question is as follows:

Is there other way to get conversions data into adwords account (other than importing data from analitics)?

I ask that because before making these changes (google tag manager) I was getting conversion data at the same time as click data in adwords, which is now not the case. (I think that maybe i have eliminated some tags which were not replaced by analitics and conversions tags I placed in tag manager)

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fikus68
September 2015

Re: conversion tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there! 

Thanks for posting. The only way to see conversion data in AdWords is to import a goal from a linked Analytics account or by setting up conversion tracking in your AdWords account directly (by generating conversion tracking code in the 'Conversions' tab and placing it on your website). 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fikus68
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there! 

Thanks for posting. The only way to see conversion data in AdWords is to import a goal from a linked Analytics account or by setting up conversion tracking in your AdWords account directly (by generating conversion tracking code in the 'Conversions' tab and placing it on your website). 

I hope this helps! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, you will get the Analytics data into your AdWords account for the time period you linked it with AdWords. If accidentally you unlinked the accounts, there would be data loss for the time period it got unlinked, till the time you linked it again. It might show as Not Set in Analytics for that particular time. That's my understanding.

Pankaj