AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

Consider a keyword "xyz" and "abc" pointing to the same landing page. 

A user clicks on xyz but DOES NOT convert.

Then the same user clicks on abc and converts.

Does google add +1 to the conversions under both xyz and abc??

if no, 

Then shouldnt the number of "last clicks" = number of conversions?? This doesnt happen. Why?

Last clicks measured from the search funnel options...Assist clicks/Last clicks and Assist impr/Last impr.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I thinking you are mixing 2 things here i.e. conversions and assisted conversions.

In terms of your example, as per my understanding, keyword abc would get the benefit of conversion and keyword xyz will get the benefit of assisted conversion.

You can read more on channel attribution here: https://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1191204

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i agree. but why is it that number of last clicks NOT= number of conversions??

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

Can you elaborate how are you calculating last clicks? because in the adwords reporting there is no such metric.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Assist clicks/Last clicks = x
Assist impressions / Last clicks = y

We know both x and y . We also know Assist clicks and Assist impressions. Calculate Last clicks.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

You are absolutely correct in calculating this and i just cross checked with couple of my accounts.

Assist clicks/Last clicks = x in this formula Last click conversions are many per click conversions from my observation.

I couldnt find any documentation but when i calculated these on my accounts the numbers matched for many per click.

let us know if its same with your account

Note: it wont match to exact number because Assist clicks/Last clicks is rounded off at 2 decimal points

Regards, Nik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You mean, using the formula that ive mentioned, you calculated "last clicks" and found it to be 'almost' = many-per-click conversions??? The value is not even close (Last click NOT = many per click conversions) I'm not sure if this is what you meant. Further, the value is closer to the number of 1-per-click conversions Thanks, LSGA

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I agree with you, this is very strange actually. On 2 of my accounts i found it close to many per click conversions and on one of the accounts i found it close to 1 per click. Which is actually confusing Smiley Sad

Regards, Nik

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello.

Make sure to check the following things:

- you are not looking at data fresher then about 48 hours in multi-channel funnels, as it is not that fresh

- you are not counting all goals as conversions because MCF usually counts them all unless you exclude the irrelevant ones.

For instance for me I register both e-commerce transactions in many accounts. In MCF I always see twice the number of transactions in MCF than I see in the E-commerce report, because I have defined goals as well. If I exclude goals, and look at March 1 - March 23 as a period, the total converted value and the number of transactions perfectly match the last click conversions, both in number and in value. In several accounts I've checked.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,

You are right about the multiple goals but this is the case only for Conversions (MANY-per-click)
but shouldnt the number of last clicks (Calculated using the method in my prev msg) be = Conversions (1-per-click) ?? because multiple goal definitions do not affect this 1-per-click metric...