AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking unique identifiers

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently running a campaign where prospects are directed to an online application system.

In order to complete an application users must create an account and login to the application system. They are assigned a unique 6 digit account number when they do so. 

At the end of the application system which consists of a 16 part webform, I have placed a tracking code on the "thank you" or confirmation of submission page. This works fine. 

I wish to match up the randomly generated account number with the conversion, how do I do this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion tracking unique identifiers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Malcolm,

If I understood this correctly, you need to track how many users created the account and were assigned that unique account number.

I think in order to track that, you should include the conversion tracking code on thanks page where the user successfully creates the account before filling up the 16 part webform.

Let us know if that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Re: conversion tracking unique identifiers

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Malcolm G,

Take a look at eCommerce tracking in Analytics. With that, you can create transactions with the account number as the order id. You can import the transactions to AdWords as conversions. You will need to assign an arbitrary value to the transaction, $1 should work fine.

Then, in Analytics, you can segment the transactions report for paid. That will show you the account numbers assigned as a result of the application process. The paid traffic transactions will have the transaction value. The organic ones will show a $0.00 amount.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords