AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking is not working properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with tracking conversions in AdWords.

A definition of our conversion is a request for our brochure,

which submitting a request form through our website.

The situation is that real numbers of request for the brochure

are less than conversions which AdWords shows.

For example, AdWords says we've got 15 unique conversions on PC and

12 conversions on mobile last month,

though we've got 11 requests from PC and 11 from mobile.

We've checked a conversion code is correctly copied and pasted on thank-you-page.

We cannot figure out what is wrong.

Does anybody have any idea?

Since I'm not a native English speaker,

hope you'll understand what I've written above.

Thanks,

Maho

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion tracking is not working properly

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

This amount should be equal, If you have a separate analytic profile for this property can you check the PPC bookings through analytic and cross with with your booking engine details and see whether its matching?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Please also check if there is any link or any other way that users can take which leads the users to the Thank you page i.e the code where you placed the Conversion Pixel without filling the form.

Best,
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

Thank you for the comments.

I checked Google Analytics and it says we've got 14 conversions on PC and 15 on mobile. So actual numbers of requests and conversions on Google Analytics don't match.

Do you have any other idea?

Maho

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prashanth,

Thank you for the comments.

There is no link or other way that users can go to the Thank-you-page.
Also, if someone submit the button without filling the form, he/she gotta be led to a page which tell him/her to fill in the form. Of course, there isn't conversion code on that page.

Do you have any another idea?

Regards,

Maho

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what has been said above, make sure that you are have not attributed conversion action for other features like call from ads, click to call etc...Reason being that if you have configured these settings and enabled them to track as conversions, possibility of high conversions is more as compared to the number of actual forms which are filled up.

So for example if someone has called you and you have attributed that call to be tracked as conversion, AdWords might show you that one as conversion too in addition to users who actually filled up the forms. So may be there is a possibility that 11 users filled up forms and 4 or 5 users called you equaling the total.

Also, the way Conversion tracking works and the way Google Analytics works are different. Read more about their data discrepancies here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

I hope this helps!

Pankaj