AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking / conversion window

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm setting up my conversion tracking. I dont have an ecommerce store so the primary conversions I want to track are through the contact form. I've set up a thank you page that they'll be redirected to when they complete the form, so the conversion is the customer reaching that page. In the New Conversion setting the default conversion window is 30 days. I'm not sure what the best setting here. What do you advise how long I should set my conversion window for? Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: conversion tracking / conversion window

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Darragh,

The 'conversion window' decision will depend on the type of your business.

It depends on your customer's buying/research cycle.

Please read - Benefits of customizing your conversion window - in the link below, which will give you a fair idea.

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/09/customize-conversion-window.html

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Re: conversion tracking / conversion window

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Darragh, unless you've good reasons for not doing so, I'd usually recommend setting the conversion window to the highest setting - currently 90 days.  You need to ask yourself the question "Are there any circumstances under which I would not want to attribute that contact to AdWords after a certain period of time?".  If you can't think of any reason, then 90 days it should be.  If you can, and that leads to an indication of how long the window should be, set it to that figure.

There aren't many situations I can think of where a simple contact should be limited by time.  One might be where you promoted a short-term product that's has limited availability or seasonality (so a contact after it has been "sold out" no longer has any value), but I'm struggling after that...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits