AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion tracking - Please someone help!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to analyse the sucess of a campaign in 'All conversion types' but cannot get my head around the 'conversions (many per click)' does this mean that if it says 100 conversions that it could mean 10 people have come through 10 times each?  or does it mean 100 people have clicked many times??

Your help would be so appreciated!  hitting a wall here...

thanks

Claire 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dubaiclaire
September 2015

Re: conversion tracking - Please someone help!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claire, the "1 per click" and "Many per click" conversion metrics are intended to help show two different types of conversion, although I'll agree they're not easy to get your head around!

Both types measure conversions in a 30 day period since the initial click occurred.  The "1 per click" conversions are measured just once in a 30 day period, no matter how many times the visitor creates that conversion in that time.  This can be useful for tracking something like a completed contact form or download of a resource.  You're really only interested in whether the Adwords click caused any contact or download, not whether they then contacted you 10 more times after the first message.

The "Many per click" metric records all conversions within a 30 day period and is therefore more useful for tracking actual sales of a product.  So, if I click your Ad and buy a product from you, then come back directly 10 days later and buy something else you do want to know that because it's important to know Adwords caused two sales, not just one.

Does this help at all?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi there,

thanks for the quick response!

I am looking at the campaigns tap where I can see the conv. (1-per-click)

How do I see what URL is tagged to that 'conversion' as we have a few goal conversions set up for different stages of our quote journey. 

thanks in advance for your assistance.:-)

Claire

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Claire,

In your account, click on the Tools and Analysis tab > Conversions. All of the different conversion types that you have setup should be displayed there and and the tracking status should be 'reporting' Click on your conversion type and if reporting will disply the URL that is reporting the conversion. I hope this helps.

-----------------

@LoonieGuy