AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

conversion in stable website

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I have a static ( stable website ) I insert the conversion code, but if someone clics on the ads it turns conversion without filling any forms, is because of the website.

There are any solution, without creating the contact page, something directly from analytics.

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zineb K
September 2015

Re: conversion in stable website

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zineb,

This tells me that your conversion tracking is on the landing page. Your tracking code needs to be on the thank-you page (the page that the user is taken too AFTER they convert).

The conversion code fires (records a conversion) as soon as a user from an ad visits the page with the code on, that is why it needs to be on the thank you page.

Learn about this and more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zineb,

Clynton is very right that your conversion tracking is on the landing page. It also tells that your form is within the landing page. So my suggestion is to use script that renders the "thank you" on successfully submitting the form. And also insert the Conversion Code in the part of this page script. Here you don't need to create separate page, just need to trigger "thank you" url on a conversion. For this you need developer's help.

Thanks,
Amit Verma

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zineb,

This tells me that your conversion tracking is on the landing page. Your tracking code needs to be on the thank-you page (the page that the user is taken too AFTER they convert).

The conversion code fires (records a conversion) as soon as a user from an ad visits the page with the code on, that is why it needs to be on the thank you page.

Learn about this and more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Good luck
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zineb,

Clynton is very right that your conversion tracking is on the landing page. It also tells that your form is within the landing page. So my suggestion is to use script that renders the "thank you" on successfully submitting the form. And also insert the Conversion Code in the part of this page script. Here you don't need to create separate page, just need to trigger "thank you" url on a conversion. For this you need developer's help.

Thanks,
Amit Verma